Born in 1980 in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. He holds a National Diploma and a B-Tech Degree in Ceramic Design from the former PE Technickon. Vulisango is currently pursuing his M Tech: Entrepreneurship at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
My Ceramic wares are inspired by ancient traditional pottery, utensils and artefacts. The production methods employed, therefore, are inherently unsophisticated age-old traditional techniques of coiling and smoke/pit firing.
- 2013 Rustenburg Outdoor and Lifestyle Expo. Olympia Stadium, Rustenburg.
- 2013 Decorex CPT. Cape Town
- 2013 Decorex DBN. Durban
- 2013 Design Indaba. Cape Town
- 2012 Kamersvolgeskenk. Irene, Pretoria
- 2012 Aartklop Festival. Potchefstroom
- 2011 “200 Artists”. Athenaeum, Port Elizabeth.
- 2011 “Re-sponse” Travelling exhibition. Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum National Diploma Ceramic Design (NMMAM), Port Elizabeth.
- 2011 “Re-sponse” William Humphrey National Museum, Kimberly.
- 2011 “Re-sponse” St. Andrew’s College, Grahamstown (National Arts Festival).
- 2010 “EXPRESSIONS” Ron Belling Art Gallery, Port Elizabeth.
- 2010 “Exhibition Shanghai” South African Embassy, Shanghai. China.
- 2009 Ceramic IKONS Exhibition (Decorex). Gallagher Estate, Johannesburg
- 2008 ‘Smoke and Portraits’ (2 man exhibition).The Ron Belling Art Gallery, Port Elizabeth.
- 2008 Salon International du Design d’Intérieur de Montréal (SIDIM). Hilton Hotel. Montreal, Canada.
- 2008 South African Handmade Collection (Decorex). Cape Town International Convention Center (CTICC), Cape Town
- 2008 Design Indaba. Cape Town International Convention Center (CTICC), Cape Town
- 2007 “One Of A Kind” (Decorex). Gallagher Estate, Johannesburg.
- 2007 Grahamstown Standard Bank National Arts Festival. Albany Museum. Grahamstown
- 2007 ‘SHARP EXHIBITION’The Sally Thompson Gallery, Johannesburg.
- 2006 “Transition”. Travelling Exhibition, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Municipality
- 2006 “One Of A Kind”(Decorex). Gallagher Estate, Johannesburg.
- 2006 Grahamstown Standard Bank National Arts Festival. Albany Museum. Grahamstown.
- 2006 “Arte-Ceramic”. Textures Gallery, Port Elizabeth.
- 2005 “One Of A Kind” (Decorex). Gallagher Estate, Johannesburg.
- 2005 “Textures Exhibition”. Textures Gallery, Port Elizabeth.
- 2004 Grahamstown Standard Bank National Arts Festival. Albany Museum, Grahamstown.
- 2004 “New Signatures Competition”. Pretoria Art Museum, Pretoria.
- 2004 “FNB Crafts Now Award”. Bus Factory, Johannesburg.
- 2001 Grahamstown Standard Bank National Arts Festival. St. Andrew’s College, Grahamstown.
- 2000 “Frame it” Exhibition. Gallery Montage, Port Elizabeth.
- 1999, 2000/1. Eastern Cape Regional Exhibition. King George XI. Gallery. Port Elizabeth.
- 1999. “Three Capes Exhibition”. FNB Vitae Crafts Exhibition. The Castle, Cape Town
- Facilitation of Community Mobilisation through District Forums and outreach programmes in the North West Province
- Implementation of the Community Based Planning and Sustainable Livelihood Approach on community projects in the Eastern Cape
- Skills Transfer to the Unemployed Youth from different communities
- Creation of sustainable jobs for the previously disadvantaged
- Running my own business for almost 10 years
- Participated at the highest level of the Creative Sector (Crafts)
- Organised and participated in numerous events and exhibitions locally and internationally
- 2006. “Sculptured vessels emerge from Ndwandwa’s singular vision”. Sunday Independent. 04 June 2006. Page 11.
- 2005. ”Clay Fusion” Craft News. Summer 2005. Page 8.
- 2004. “Much of great merit at Epsac exhibition”. The Herald, Entertainment. 30 August 2004.